Prosper Boys, Pee Wee Lacrosse
Welcome to Pee Wee Lacrosse
Youth Director: Pat DeBolt, 315.719.8072
- Commissioner: Jason Genthner, 972.768.5655 or email@example.com
Registration: Click here - this is designed for kinder and first grade boys. It's also a great place for brand new second graders that would like to give a try. All players will get a stick and lacrosse penny! No equipment needed. Note: If you have a girl interested at this same age level, email Lellie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remind App: This is our primary communication channel. We’ll use it for quick updates about weather concerns, field changes, or reminder for an action. All parents must be signed up. Click here for the Pee Wee List.
Email Database: Designed for periodic updates to the program, fundraisers, offseason activities, etc.
Youth Facebook Page: Designed for both the youth girls and boys lacrosse community to converse, post about upcoming events, camps, etc.
Prosper Lacrosse Instagram Page: Designed for the entire Prosper Lacrosse community (youth and high school) to showcase the growth of lacrosse in Prosper.
Prosperlax.com: Designed to showcase our photos, merch store, blogs and team pages. It will be the one stop for all of the information you need.
We are really excited to kick off Pee Wee Lacrosse designed for Kinder and First graders. The focus is to introduce the players to lacrosse by teaching them the basics, have some 3v3 game play and most of all, have fun!
Coach DeBolt will be leading the charge. He’s the Prosper youth director as well as our High School coach. He’s incredible and your child will love him. He played D1 lacrosse at Hofstra and has coached for Hofstra, Duke and Ohio State. And better yet, he has a degree in elementary physical education. So not only does he understand lacrosse at the highest level, he also knows how to work with our youth. We’ll bring several of our Prosper youth/high school players to help out as well.
We will play with sticks and tennis balls just like our elementary program that our schools are adopting. If players already have gloves, we’d love for them to wear as they ultimately have to learn how to use them.
- When: Thursday afternoons for 8 weeks - 3/18, 3/25, 4/1, 4/8, 4/15, 4/22, 4/29, 5/6
- Time: 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Where: Frontier Park, MP1. It’s the Turf field just as you enter the park.
- Attire: t-shirt, shorts, tennis shoes or cleats. Do not buy anything special. We’ll provide reversible pennies for the players to wear.
- Equipment: Lacrosse stick (note: we will give every player a new lacrosse stick! Players can use their own if desired. We’ve found it beneficial to use a stick with the appropriate pocket so that they can learn to throw properly from the start.)
- What to bring: Water and a great attitude!
- New players are always welcomed. If you have a friend that would like to try it, bring them out!