Welcome to the team pages for the 2022 Fall season. Here is where you will find all of the relevant information.
For teams, we are a bit different than what you might have experienced with other sports. We practice the entire grade levels together. Here are some additional details for each:
- Pee Wee – Coach DeBolt will lead this program of Kinder/First Graders. No pads, just sticks. All first year players will get a stick from us. We’ll get started after Spring Break when it warms up a bit. It’s once a week, great intro to the sport. We’ll figure out a way to work in more game play this year, but from the parent feedback over the past two seasons, it’s been a huge success in teaching the kids the sport of lacrosse.
Click here for details!
Coach DeBolt: email@example.com
- 2nd/3rd/4th graders – Coach Brian (both coaching and administration) will lead this age level and they will be strapping on the pads. Helmet, gloves, shoulder and elbow. Note, first graders are more than welcome to play up, but it will be based on skill and making sure they feel comfortable playing against all second grade teams. As of now, we have one team, but could easily create two if there are enough players. We practice all together as one team and will then break up for the games. The goal is to play games against ourselves and the nearby towns.
Coach DeBolt: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3rd and 4th Graders – Coach Ben and Coach Brian will lead this age. In the Fall, we will have 1, maybe 2 teams. In the Spring, we typcially have three teams this year that will be split up evenly for games. We try to keep the kids at the same school together when making the teams for game. However, please note that we practice all together regardless of the splits.
Coach Brian: email@example.com
- 5th and 6th Graders – Coach DeBolt (coaching), Coach Jason, Coach Kobus and Coach Bodkin will be leading this group. In the Fall, we will have 1 maybe 2 teams divided by age group. In the Spring, we will have three teams divided up with a Fifth Grade A team (D2), 6th Grade A Team (D1) and a combined 5/6 B Team (D2). There will be opportunity for the B team players to swing up for the games as needed. The division of teams will be based on lacrosse skills, lacrosse IQ and overall agility. There will be a tryout ahead of the season. Note, check out the Wall Ball page on the website to understand one of the key metrics for dividing the teams. Coach Jason: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 7th and 8th Graders – Coach Boswell and Coach Frye will be running point for both coaching and administration. For the Fall, there will be 1, maybe 2 teams. How the teams are split in the Spring is still being decided. However, same as 5/6, teams will be split up by lacrosse skills, lacrosse IQ and overall agility. Wall Ball will be key.
Additional Coaches - we will always welcome more to our sidelines. If you are interested in learning the game, just ask. Especially at the 2/3/4 level where we are needing help! And let’s be honest, if you stand to close to the field during a practice, and you might get pulled in to run a drill anyways!
Practices - we will get started on Monday, August 29. The youth boys will be practicing every Monday. Practices will take place at Eagles (behind Rucker Elem) on the grass field.
Here’s the schedule:
MONDAY at EAGLES:
Pee Wee Lax (Kinder and 1st) - 4:30 to 5:15 p.m.
2nd/3rd/4th - 5:15 to 6:30 p.m.
5th/6th - 6:15 to 7:30 p.m.
SUNDAY AT FRONTEIR MP1
Uniforms – pennies for 2nd-8th grade playing in tournaments. You can order here
by scrolling to the very bottom of this page. Find anything else that you want as well. Orders will be shipped to your house direct.
Weather - the weather number is 972-662-8999; it's updated at 3 p.m. Please do not start texting at noon on the day of a practice if it’s going to be happening. We don’t know… the coaches will make that call at 3 p.m. and communicate it via Remind.
Equipment – we will have all of our extra gear at the first practice. Each player will need a helmet, shoulder pads, elbow pads, gloves and a mouthguard. You are more than welcome to use any of the equipment we have. For returning players with extra gear laying around, please bring it out to the first practice. We have 40 first time players so anything you have will be needed. Also, the league is saying you have to have the new shoulder pads this year with the NOCSAE
symbol. So if you buy new ones, please make sure the symbol is there. We are assuming the refs will be lenient this first season; however here are some links to the pads: Nike Vapor at Dicks Sporting Goods
; STX Stallion 75 at SportsStop
and Lacrosse Unlimited
; STX Stallion 200 at Dicks Sporting Goods
Team Pages for Each Age Group (not updated for the Fall just yet):