Welcome to Prosper Boys Youth Lacrosse Spring 2024 season! Please follow the steps below to have your son ready to go when the season starts on January 23, 2024.
1.Obtain a USA Lacrosse Number
In the spring season all players will need to have a USA Lacrosse number which will need to be submitted along with your registration. Without a USA Lacrosse number your child will not be able to play in the spring AND you will not be able to complete the registration. Below is a link to the USA Lacrosse website where you can register your child. Once at the website click on the "JOIN" button in the upper right hand corner.
2. Complete the registration
The Spring 2024 registration link is below. Please note the following:
- You will be required to have your USA Lacrosse # & expiration date to complete the registration
3. Uniform Ordering
- Step 1: Beginning on Monday, November 6th if you are a new player please reach out to Ryan Bodkin (firstname.lastname@example.org) to have a number assigned. Do not go to Step 2 before completing this step.
- Odd graduation year players will be assigned an odd number. Even graduation years will be assigned an even number. No returning player who played in the prior spring season will have his number changed.
- If you are a returning player who has outgrown your uniform you may go to Step 2 and order a new uniform with the same number you have today.
- K/1 parents - Please wait until I reach out to you before ordering your uniform.
- Step 2: Go to the Signature Lacrosse page to order your sons uniform. (https://signaturelocker.com/pages/prosper-youth-lacrosse)
** Make sure to measure your son per the instructions provided below as we have seen the uniforms can run a little smaller relative to traditional sizing. **
Each player will need the following:
- Helmet - The helmet needs to be WHITE or BLACK. Similar to last year no club helmets will be permitted. We are Prosper Lacrosse and want our players representing our program.
Shoulder pads - In the fall of 2019, US Lacrosse approved a rule improve to shoulder pads in an effort to reduce the risk of an injury known as commotio cordis. All players are now required to wear the approved shoulder pads which will feature extra padding on the chest plate made to meet the new standard.
- Elbow pads
We do have some equipment available new players can borrow which can be provided on a first-come, first-serve basis. We will probably look to have a couple of days between now and the beginning of the season where we will arrange a meet to hand out that equipment. Also, we ask that once your son decides to continue playing lacrosse you return the equipment to allow others to benefit in the future.
There are several stores or websites where you can purchase equipment and they are listed below.
- Lacrosse Unlimited: https://www.lacrosseunlimited.com/
- Team Lax: https://teamlax.com/
- Lacrosse Monkey: https://www.lacrossemonkey.com/
- Dick's Sporting Goods: https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/
- Sideline Swap (Used Equipment): https://sidelineswap.com/
Please sign-up, join, and follow the different communication channels we have to keep you abreast of what is happening with the program.
If you have moved age groups please sign-up for the new age groups and then leave the other age group
Remind App: Along with the FB page this is our most used channel for communication. It's for quick updates about weather concerns, field changes, or reminder for an action. All parents must be signed up for the app (click the link below for your child to register):
- If you have moved age groups (i.e. 1st to 2nd, 2nd to 3rd, 4th to 5th, and 6th to 7th) add yourself to the new group by clicking the link below and then remove yourself from the old group once you are in the app by going to the 'Classes Joined' section.
- Kinder/1st (aka Pee Wee)
Prosper Youth Lacrosse Facebook Page: Designed for both the youth girls and boys lacrosse community to converse, post about upcoming events, camps, etc.
Prosper LacrosseInstagram Page: Designed for the entire Prosper Lacrosse community (youth and high school) to showcase the growth of lacrosse in Prosper.
Email Database: email email@example.com if you'd like to be added to the email database.
Prosperlax.com: Designed to showcase our photos, blogs and team pages. It will be the one stop for all of the information you need.
6. Spring 2024 Practice Schedule:
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at Frontier Park (MP1 and MP2)
K/1:5:00 - 6:00pm (MP1)
2nd: 5:00 - 6:00pm (MP1)
3rd / 4th:4:45 - 6:00pm (MP2)
5th / 6th:6:00 - 7:30pm (MP2)
7th / 8th:6:00 - 7:30pm. (MP1)
7.Spring Season Game Schedules:
In the spring we ask that you go by the schedule posted on DFWL (the league site has the most up to date version) and includes locations with addresses. This is what the refs use, so please double check these schedules for the latest information. Once the schedule is set we provide the links.
The city parks department number is 972-662-8999; field status is updated at 3 p.m. We kindly ask parents to not start texting at noon on the day of a practice. to see if it’s going to be happening as we won't know yet. The coaches will make that call around 3 p.m. and communicate it via Remind and Facebook. Since. we play on turf it's more of a cold weather and lightning issue than anything else in the spring.